There was a time I thought I was sinking. I felt heavy and lost in the dark waters of life, as if nothing in me was moving and nothing in me would ever bloom.
What I could not see at the time was that this is where our roots begin, in the quiet, unseen places where light feels far away and everything asks you to trust what you cannot yet see.
What I discovered was that the mud that held me in place was actually shaping me; it asked me to be still long enough to remember who I am, and in that stillness, something within me began to shift, slowly, gently, like a soft rising, a breath finding its way back to the surface.
And when I finally broke through, I could feel the change within me, open and alive, and like the lotus, I bloomed because of the very darkness that once held me.
Where Roots Grow
Art & Heart Musings By Sophia Love Storey
Source: Sophia Storey on Facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment