Monday, August 31, 2026

Leo Tolstoy quoted

 


















Tolstoy expressed deep, specific ideas about love, peace, and joy in his life and writing:
  • On True Affection: "When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you'd like them to be."
  • On Selfless Peace: "If you love me as you say you do... make it so that I am at peace." 
  • On the Reality of Life: "Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly."
  • On Helping Others: "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved." 
  • On Family: "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

  • On Personal Change: "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

  • On Time:
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

  • War and Peace: "We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom."
  • On Love: I love her not with my mind or my imagination, but with my whole being. Loving her I feel myself to be an integral part of all God's joyous world.
  • On Love: I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment