The road to laughter beckons me,
The road to all that's best;
The home road where I nightly see
The castle of my rest;
The path where all is fine and fair,
And little children run,
For love and joy are waiting there
As soon as day is done.
There is no rich reward of fame
That can compare with this:
At home I wear an honest name,
My lips are fit to kiss.
At home I'm always brave and strong,
And with the setting sun
They find no trace of shame or wrong
In anything I've done.
There shine the eyes that only see
The good I've tried to do;
They think me what I'd like to be;
They know that I am true.
And whether I have lost my fight
Or whether I have won,
I find a faith that I've been right
As soon as day is done.
I love words, images, and music that stir the heart and soul. This space is a collection of quotes, images, music, and poetry I’ve discovered across the web—each one moving me in its own way. I claim no credit for any content unless otherwise noted. These pieces were found on various platforms including Pinterest, Facebook, Google, and other online sources. If any content shared here belongs to you and you would prefer it not be included, please contact me and it will be removed. ♬ ♬ -▲= ♬
Friday, July 31, 2026
Home ~ Edgar Albert Guest
Edgar Albert Guest
ai art by me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment